Some kids are just born savers. I remember clearly opening up my first “passbook” savings account where the teller would record my deposit and withdrawals using a device that looked like a cross between an adding machine and an electric typewriter.
My dad still teases me about how I liked to keep my balance “even.” The little bit of interest I would receive would throw the balance off and I would have to withdraw an odd amount to get the balance back to whole dollars again. Weird, I know! That was the start of my fascination with record keeping and accounting, which led me to the following areas of study:
- 1997 – Certified Business Administrator, National Association of Church Business Administration (NACBA)
- 2011 – Bachelor of Forensic Accounting, Franklin University, Columbus, OH
- 2012 – Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- 2013 – QuickBooks Pro Advisor, 2012 & 2013 Certifications
- 2013 – Re-certification as Certified Church Administrator (CCA) with NACBA (now The Church Network)
During the 90’s, I worked in the non-profit world at a horse organization in Kentucky before moving on to the world of “fund” accounting at churches. After working with my local church in Lexington, Kentucky as a Church Business Administrator, I decided to investigate the world of church management software. In the past 15 years, I have traveled to hundreds of churches across the country educating and training church personnel.
Steeple Accounting is the result of my dream to help churches with the business side of church. I welcome you to contact me, either by phone or email to customize a solution to your unique situation.
Mary Lou Turnbull
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Certified Church Administrator (CCA)